VBS Volunteers: Must Read & Reply
Important Notes for VBS Volunteers:
Please read below and then fill out the form on the right. Thank you!
- Please arrive each day (August 7-11) by 8:30AM. It creates lots of problems when we don't have shepherds in place to welcome students. We are grateful for you arriving early each day to joyfully welcome children!
- Each class will be assigned two pews that will be marked with signs. On the first day, you will find a bag with a clipboard that includes the names of the students in your class. That roster has a place for you to check attendance each day. It also includes the names of the adults who are authorized to pick up the child each day. Adults must have a photo id and be listed on the form in order to sign a child out. No exceptions. If there is a problem, I will be standing in the front of the sanctuary at pickup; please send the parent to me with any questions/concerns/issues.
- Please collect student nametags at the end of each day as students are signed out. You can leave them in your pew so you are ready for the next day. On the final day, they can take their nametag home.
- Youth Volunteers: No cell phones out during the day. Please dress appropriately with no short shorts or skirts, shirts that provide full coverage, etc. Remember that you are representing our church home this week. (Thanks!)
- Our complete Safe Sanctuaries policy can be found here. We ask you to review it prior to VBS.
- No leader (adult or youth) should ever be alone with a student behind a closed door.
- Bathrooms can be found on each hall of the building. A leader can simply step into the hall and watch the child walk to the restroom (with a buddy) without needing to enter the restroom with the child.
- If there is a bathroom issue or an "accident" (PreK), please notify Kristin Kelso or Julie Worley who will come assist.
- Leaders must keep the attendance clipboard on them at all times - and have accurate attendance recorded.
- In the event of an evacuation of the building, attendance needs to be taken again outside at the gathering location before signing any student out to an authorized adult.
- In the event of an emergency, please call 911 from your cell phone or from a landline located in the office, the kitchen, the welcome center in the entryway, the infant nursery (Room 7), the hallway downstairs, or from your cell phone.
- My cell phone number as well as the office number will be listed on your clipboard roster. If there is an issue where you need assistance, please give a call so I can come to you.